Tamil Nadu ADW Scholarship 2019 Application Form is now available on official website escholarship.tn.gov.in . All eligible candidates can apply online for TN ADW Scholarships 2020-21 through direct link available here. All the students must have to submit ADW Scholarship Online Application Form before Last Date. Applicants can check ADW Scholarship details such as Application Form, Last Date, Scholarship List, Benefits, Eligibility, Required Documents, etc. from this article.
TN ADW Scholarship 2020-21 – escholarship.tn.gov.in
The Government of Tamil Nadu announces ADW Scholarship for the minority classes people. The Majority of the Adi Dravidar / Tribal Population are economically backward and socially marginalized. Most of the Families lack resources and access to education, employment and other income earning opportunities are limited. So, this Government Welfare Scholarship Programme helps in socio-economic and educational development of the Adi Dravidars and Tribals in the State.
ADW Scholarship Programme Main Objective
The objective of this programme is to facilitate faster socio-economic and educational development of the Adi Dravidars/Tribals so as to end their social seclusion and economic deprivation and also to speed up the process of integrating them with the national mainstream.
ADW Scholarship Programme Benefits
Adi Dravidar and Tribal welfare Department is implementing various educational scholarship schemes form 1st STD to PG and PhD degree with the prime objective to provide quality education to the socially backward SC, ST people to ensure socio – economic, educational development, Social dignity and self sustainability.
Here, are some benefits provided to the candidates under ADW Scholarships.
|Provide Text Books, Note Books and Uniforms||All SC/ST Students|
|Free Special Question Guides and textbooks||Students of 10th and 12th class|
|Free Bicycles||Students of Class 11th|
|Admission of Bright Students in Reputed School with residential||Adi Dravidar, Tribal and converted Christianity students studying in Government, Corporation Municipal, Adi Dravidar/ Tribal Welfare school in 5th std. Best students selected through special examination conducted in each Block. Around Rs. 1, 00,000 is invested by government for ADW Scholarship.|
|Admission of Bright Students in Reputed School with residential||Adi Dravidar, Tribal and converted Christianity students studying in Government, Corporation Municipal, Adi Dravidar/ Tribal Welfare school in 10th std. Best students selected through special examination conducted in each Block. Around Rs. 1, 00,000 is invested by government for ADW Scholarship.|
ADW Scholarship Programme Eligibility Criteria
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe, and Scheduled Castes Converted to Christianity students studying from 4th STD to College.
- Distance between the school and Residence should be more than 5 Kms (This does not apply for girls)
- Parents / guardian income limit Rs. 2 Lakhs P.A
ADW Scholarship List – Schemes Covered Under ADW
- Abolition of Bonded Labor System
- Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department
- Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department – Stationary – Text Books
- Admission of Adi Dravidar / Tribal students in plus one at reputed schools.
- Afforestation schemes providing incentives and providing employment to Tribals in Forest Operation.
- All India Service Examinations like I.A.S., I.P.S., I.R.S., etc.
- Animal Husbandry
- Annal Gandhi Memorial Award
- Annal Gandhi Memorial Award –
- Assistance for Funeral Rites
- Assistance to Lawyers for Starting their Practice
- Awards to Bright Students
- Book bank – books will be purchased for medical/ engineering/ law / m.b.a./veterinary / agri. and polytechnic/courses and placed in the library.
- Book Bank – Books will be purchased for Medical/ Engineering/ Law / M.B.A./Veterinary / Agri. and Polytechnic / courses and placed in the Library.
- Burial Ground – Provision of Burial Grounds and pathway to Burial Grounds
- Chief Minister Merit Award- Given Rs.3000/- per annum for 5 years
- Chief Minister s Merit Award
- Community Halls
- Construction of free houses for Tribals
- Development of Agricultural lands
ADW Scholarships Programmes
Opening and Maintenance of Schools
- 18 Adi Dravidar Welfare schools and 3 Tribal Welfare residential schools are run by this department (as indicated in the above Statement). Most of these schools are functioning predominantly in and near the Adi Dravidar and Tribal habitations.
Admitting students in VI STD in reputed schools
- Under this scheme the Adi Dravidar / Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Caste Christian Students studying in 5th Std in Adi Dravidar Welfare / GTR / Government Schools and Aided Schools have to be selected in the order of merit from each block.
- The process of selecting the bright students from all the 19 blocks and admitting them in the reputed schools for studying from VI std to XII std. There is no income limit
Admitting students in XI Std in reputed schools
- Under this scheme the Adi Dravidar / Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Caste Christian Students studying in X Std in Adi Dravidar Welfare / GTR / Government Schools and score top 10 marks have to be selected in the order of merit and admitting them in the reputed schools for studying from XI std to XII std.
- Parent or guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.1.0 Lakh
Incentive to Adi Dravidar and Tribal Girls
- Applicable to all Girl students studying in Government and Government aided Schools from 3rd. III to V Rs. 500/- per annum and for VI Std Rs. 1000/- per annum and for VII and VIII Std Rs.1500/- There is no income limit
Educational Fee Concessions
- The students belonging to this department and converted to Christianity studying in Government and Government aided institutions are fully exempted by the State Government from paying the Tuition fees to the educational institutions without income ceiling.
Concessions to the Undergraduate students
- The Students belonging to this department and converted to Christianity pursuing Under Graduate courses in the Government and Government aided Arts and Science Colleges are exempted by the State Government from paying the Special Fee and the Examination Fee without income limit.
Concession to the Postgraduate Girl students
- The girl students belonging to this department and converted to Christianity 12 pursuing Post Graduate courses in the Government and Government aided Arts and Science Colleges are exempted by the State Government from paying the Special Fee and the Examination fee without income limit.
Special Fee Concession
- The students belonging to this department and converted to Christianity studying in 6th to 12th standard in Government, Government Aided and Private schools are exempted from the payment of Special fee and the fee is directly disbursed to the educational institutions.
- The students belonging to this department and converted to Christianity studying in X and 13 XII standard in Government, Government Aided and Private schools are exempted from the payment of examination fee and the fee is disbursed to the institutions directly by the State Government.
- The exam fees to the students pursuing studies through English medium are disbursed to the Directorate of the Government Examinations by the Government.
- The students applied for pursuing Under Graduation, Post Graduation and Professional courses in the Government and Government aided Colleges are exempted from payment of Application Fees and Registration Fee and the fees is disbursed to the educational institutions directly by the Government.
Scholarship scheme up to X standard (pre-matric) for the children of those engaged in unclean occupation.
- The award of pre matric scholarship to the children of those engaged in unclean occupation (scavenging of tanning, flaying and sweepers) irrespective of income, community and religion are being covered under this programme.
- A lump sum adhoc grant of Rs.1850/- p.a. paid to all the students.
Scholarship scheme for IX and X standard (Pre-matric)
- The above scholarship is given to the Adidravidar and Tribal students pursue studies from IX to X standard are eligible for scholarship if their parent or guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.2.0 Lakh.
- An assistance of Rs.1500 and Adhoc grant Rs.750 Total Rs.2250 /- per year is given to the students pursue studies as day scholars.
- Depending upon the course, maintenance allowance of Rs.3500/- and Adhoc grant Rs.1000/- Total Rs.4500/- per year is being credited into the bank accounts of the students pursue studies as hostellers.
Scholarship scheme beyond X standard (Post-matric)
- The above scholarship is given to the students pursue studies from XI standard are eligible for scholarship if their parent or guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.2.5 Lakh.
- An assistance of Rs.230/- to Rs.550/- per month is given to the students pursue studies as day scholars. Depending upon the course, maintenance allowance of Rs.380/- to Rs.1200/- per month is being credited into the bank accounts of the students pursue studies as hostellers.
- Besides, all the compulsory and non refundable fees payable by the students studying in Government and Government aided institutions are credited as Scholarship by the Government to the account of the institutions. 5 Scholarship is being credited to the accounts of the students studying in self financing colleges too.
- Further, the tuition fees is directly credited to the account of the colleges by the Government. Depending upon the course of the students, maintenance allowance is credited to the bank account of them. For the students studying in Industrial Training Institutes the scholarship is credited into the accounts of the students and the institutions directly by the Director of Adi Dravidar Welfare.
State Special Scholarship scheme beyond X standard (Post matric)
- This scholarship is credited to the accounts of the Scheduled Caste students converted to Christianity and educational institutions by the Director, if their parent or guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.2 Lakh.
- Candidates are awarded with an amount of Rs.100/- to Rs.175/- per month for day scholars and Rs.175/- to Rs.350/- per month for the hostellers are credited depending upon the course in which they study. All the compulsory and non refundable fees, payable by the students continuing their education in Government and Government aided institutions are credited into the accounts of the institutions by the Director.
- Maintenance allowance credited to the accounts of the student and college fees is credited to the accounts of the self financing colleges.
State Government’s Higher Educational Special Scholarship
- Special Scholarship is credited to the accounts of the students those who stay in the hostels of the educational institutions and pursuing Degree and Polytechnic Courses at the rate of Rs.7500/- per annum and the students pursuing Post Graduate and Professional course at the rate of Rs.8000/- per annum if their parent or guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.2 Lakh.
Free Supply of Bicycles
- Bicycles are supplied free of cost to Adi Dravidar-Tribal-Adi Dravidar converted to Christianity Girls & Boys studying in Std XI & XII in Government / Government Aided Schools and partly Government aided schools, where +1 & +2 are conducted under self finance basis.
Steps to improve the standard of education
- Special attention to the X and XII Std students to get good marks in Public Examination and also provided Special guide and Question Bank.
- Every year, special guides were printed and distributed to students studying in the schools and hostels of this Department. Apart from this, the Question Bank Books published by the Parent Teachers Association were also purchased and distributed to the students.
- There are 72 hostels for Adi Dravidar with a total strength of 4234 boarders functioning under this Department in the State. The District Collectors have been authorized to admit students in hostels 10% over and above the sanctioned strength. The boarders of the hostels are provided with boarding and lodging at free of cost. All boarders in school hostels are supplied with uniforms at free of cost.
- The Medical officers of the Government Hospitals and Primary Health Centers have to visit ADW hostels every month for medical check up of the boarders. The scheme is implemented by the Director of Medical and Rural Health Services and Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicines.
Chief Minister’s Merit Award
- 1000 boys and 1000 girls belonging to Adi Dravidar, Tribal and Adi Dravidar Converted to Christianity communities in the order of marks obtained in XII std. public examination and who continue their higher studies are given a cash award of Rs.3000/- per annum for a period of 5 years. There is no income limit for this scheme.
Special Assistance to Law Graduates
- A sum of Rs. 50,000/- will be given as one time assistance start their profession and to meet rent, cost of furniture books etc., while starting their practice.
- To get benefit under this scheme, Law graduates should register their names in Bar council.
Provision of House sites for Adi-Dravidars
- The Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare has been distributing free house site pattas to the poor houseless Adi Dravidar and Tribal families under the following conditions.
- Annual income should be below Rs.72,000/
- Should be Adidravidar/Tribal Communiy
- Petitioner should not possess any land or house as their own.
- Petitioner should not possess any Government Job.
Burial Grounds and Pathways
- Burial grounds to Adi Dravidar habitations and pathways to burial grounds are undertaken under this scheme. Funds are provided for acquiring and purchasing land for this purpose.
- Panchayat Unions are also providing basic amenities to Adi Dravidar habitations from their funds. For this purpose 15% for drinking water facilities and 10% for link roads are given as share (contribution) of this Department.
- Community Halls are constructed in a phased manner from 1971-72 onwards in Adi Dravidar Colonies to cater to the need of Adi Dravidar for the purpose of conducting marriages social functions, meetings etc.,
Removal of Untouchability
- The .P.C.R Act 2015 (Rules 2016) was enacted so as to vie legal authority to ensure justice and equality among all sections of the Community. A sum of Rs. 8.25 lakes maximum is awarded as compensation for the family who lost life in the riots.
- Basic pension to the widow or other dependents of deceased persons belonging to SC or ST amounting to Rs.5000/- per month as applicable to a Government servant with admissible D.A. and employment to one of the family members of the deceased and provision of agricultural land and house etc.
Select Villages Schemes
- Under this scheme a sum of Rs.10.00 lakhs in sanctioned to each village in a district (except village in a district (except Chennai) where untouchability is not followed and people are living harmoniously.
Free sewing and Iron box scheme
Free sewing machine and iron box will be provided under the following conditions
- Annual income should be below Rs.72,000/-
- Should have completed six month sewing course under Recognized institutions.
- Should be Adi Dravidar and Tribal Community
- Petitioner must be above 18
- For getting iron box petitioner should be Puthirai Vannan community and submitted Puthirai vannan community certificate.